Ali LOVES to soak, soak, soak her diaper at night, and then as soon as she gets the tiniest bit of freedom - she let's it rip (again!). Sometimes it's not just with pee. Two days in a row Mom and Dad have had to strip the sheets. Mia used to do the same thing. And it really is projectile. This is poop and pee that goes the distance. Literally. Sometimes it's three diapers per change time. It's usually more of a boy phenomenon (or so I've heard) but our gals just love to be free and let it loose. Ali reminds me of Mia as a newborn in a lot of ways, it's not just the diapering time similarities. I was looking back at newborn pictures of Mia, and they really do look alike I think. Both very good babies. Ali does love to be held, but nothing like Mia did - she was such a delight but you couldn't put her down. Ali's chill. She just hangs out. They have a lot of the same expressions. The early smile. I know it's supposedly, technically just a gas smile, but I'm not sold on that. It's super cute at any rate. And my favorite stretch/scrunchy forehead move. When I first saw Ali do it, it was like I was transported right back to Mia as a tiny baby. It's kind of sad, but I think maybe normal, that it's hard for me to remember Mia as a tiny baby. Or even as an 6 or 7 month old just starting to crawl, or at one year, taking those first steps...
But going through it with Ali just reminds me of how cute and sweet and fun those times and milestones were, and how fast the time really does fly by, and how it just keeps getting better and better.