Independence

4th of July: independence day! Independent Mia shunning the incessant "help" offers of all her cousins at the cabin. She plays so cute, and it's so fabulous to have all those little cuties playing together. It's funny, though, how much those girls like to try and help the little kids with everything... and you know that Mia bean, independent as can be! It's also nice because they keep her occupied some of the time and they keep an eye on her so JD and I can visit with everyone a little bit. Have a beer. Enjoy the independence of having our own little spot - the camper. It was very nice to have a spot to put our stuff and retreat to when Ali needed to eat, Mia needed to nap, etc. etc. It was Ali's first 4th of July and first time staying overnight at the cabin (and she got in BOTH cabins!). Our camera battery was dead and because I'm apparently a slacker and procrastinator I didn't get it charged to get any pictures :( JD got some video of the fireworks, they were AWESOME. Best fireworks ever. Every year they get better and better and I'm certain they're better than any professional ones I've seen. We had a great 4th of July weekend.