And we're not going anywhere. It's 22 below zero, and has been freezing all week. So today we're staying in and staying warm. Mia and I are still in our jammies and we're just hanging out, playing. We had a good week... Tuesday night was the Gopher Cheerleader's Nationals send-off night-it was fun to see all the routines and wish them well. Wednesday we met up with Grandma, Aunnie and Katie Huber for lunch at the Green Mill. It was delicious and so much fun to see KT. Then we hung out all afternoon with Aunnie, so it was an awesome day. She left yesterday for Orlando for Nationals. We're sending them "kick @ss" vibes and I guess you can keep track of how it's going by visiting varsity.com. Amelia has been funny as ever this week. I'll share a few stories... On Tuesday, she lined up all of her chairs right in front of the front doors, making a "bus" that she later also called a train, and an airplane. She played there most of the morning. And the sun comes streaming in the doors there, so it's really a very pleasant spot to play. And she lounged back in her Disney Princess (papasan-eqsue) chair and told me, "Mom, I'm sitting in the sun!" I told her, "oh I LOVE sitting in the sun, isn't it just relaxing?" And she said, "No, Mia's tired, sleep in the sun." And she closed her eyes and just stayed there quietly... for about a half a second. And then she was all action again.
Scary story-I went downstairs to grab some clothes and a towel so I could shower and we'd get going. I ALWAYS lock the gate behind me, and I'm only downstairs for a minute. Well, the other day, I was just grabbing my stuff and I turn around and there's Mia standing right in the doorway of the laundry room. I was shocked~and I asked her how did you get down here???? She gave me her mischievous little smirk and shrugged her shoulders, and said "Mia come downstairs too!" We go up, yup, gate's locked. hmmm... there's her chair pulled right up to it. Yeah, she climbed OVER the gate that's at the top of the stairs. She's too damn smart. So it freaked me out, and I locked up all her chairs in Ali's room so I could take a shower. I take the fastest shower ever and come out to find that she pulled the ottoman to the entertainment center and had already removed like a hundred movies form their covers. I swear I was only in the shower for like 3 minutes tops. What a stinker!
On the way to lunch on Wed. she and Aunnie are just chatting away in the backseat and I'm kindof listening while I chitchat with Gram up front. I hear Mia say, "Baby Ali has blue eyes" which kinda blew me away. So I ask her, what color eyes do you have? "Bu" Yup! Good job, Mia! What about Aunnie? She looks back at Kris, then says "bu." It was pretty awesome.
Last night she was talking on the phone. I asked her who she was talking to, completely expecting the usual "Poppa." But she said "monster." Oh, she talked to the monster all night. She asked him if he was having fun at Mia's house (he was, apparently!), and made all sorts of other conversation. She'd say, "wanna talk to mommy? ok, hold on..." "here mom, talk a monster..." So I chatted with him, as did daddy. Even baby Ali got to talk while Mia held the phone to her ear for her. We talked to the monster on the phone all night. Once I asked her, "oh, how's the monster doing?" "He wants a treat!" Me-really? He wants a treat? What kind of treat? "Popsicle" (please note, Popsicles are one of Mia's all time favorite treats) So Mia "shared" a Popsicle with the monster. What an imagination that gal has! And, so smart to get an extra treat out of the deal. She'd already had her treat after dinner and had been told this several times when she asked for "more treat" (which was a piece of toffee). So super bonus to get that Popsicle. All in the name of "monster."
Ali, also-cute as ever. Loving cheerios and greeen beans and rice cereal, and ready to start some new stuff I think. Totally tried to snatch a fry at lunch the other day. She's up on all fours and rocking-ready to REALLY move. And squawking away non-stop. Now she does the fake cough, for attention. If that doesn't work, she screams. If you're not paying full attention by then, she goes into the all-out mad cry. You don't want that.




