Busy weekend, but fun, fun, fun! Friday night we went over to Matt & Tracy's to play with Madison, and the Garnetts. It was a blast, the kids all played great together, and of course Mia loves going to Madison's house. We had dinner and hung out, and met (baby) Wyatt for the first time... he's less than a month older than Ali. The two of them had a good time looking at each other, and Tracy brought up the saucer and the jumperoo, so they were both very happy. Miss Madison is so cute and smart as always... and my goodness are those Garnett children adorable. Liv has gotten SO big, and Wyatt is just so dang cute. They both are. It was really fun seeing those guys, it's been a while (obviously, since Wyatt was born this late spring and we just met him fo rthe first time). Saturday after nap Nat and Jay came over for dinner and some Wii fun. That was awesome. Always fun, and never enough time. Sunday we had brunch with Dan & LeAnne and Jules. It was very yummy and again, fun as always~ Then we headed to MOA to watch Aunnie cheer. They did GREAT... right up til that last pyramid :( They get another shot at it on Tuesday night when they have a big performance at the U. Then it was nap time and family time and here we are at Monday again!
We've had a super fun Monday though--- we got to go over to Nic's to play with the boys and have lunch since Nic is off work on Mondays. It was great! We hadn't seen them in forever so it was long overdue and very much fun for all. I have missed Nicole so much, so we got a chance to catch up a little bit, and Mia just adores the boys. She says both of their names so well now, but she pretty much calls both of them "Owen." It makes me a little nostalgic for when she called them "boyz" and "boy." She's getting so big. And so are the boys, my god. It's been over a month since I've seen them, granted, but I just could not believe it. And there they are playing video games and so tall, and just little grown ups. Un-real. They crack me up, too.... When I ran to check in on Great Gram, Owen told me, "don't worry about us," he'd keep his eye on Mia for me. (I didn't tell him that I wasn't worried, they all play so well together! And Mia can definitely hold her own!) Will is just the sweetest little caretaker. He played with her with his scarf for like a half an hour. And he helped her put his mittens on, making absolutlely sure her thumbs were in there right, and that she had them on the correct hands. Mia eats it all up. Like I said, she absolutely adores them. Alice relished all the action. When she's old enough to get in the mix, that's when we're really in for some chaos! ;) So funny.
Tonight I'm going out for GS dinner (though I'm tempted to stay in if this snowy weather keeps up)... and then JD has hockey. Tomorrow we have Kristen's U performance and I'm not sure what's in store for the rest of the week. Stay tuned.
OH--Big news of the weekend, I forgot: Ali started on green beans AND Cheerios! She seems to really like both... she'll be eatin' like a big girl in no time now.
AND--Mia went two days protesting having her diaper changed, and instead wearing Dora pullups, and going "potty" about every 5 minutes all by herself. She goes into the bathroom, turns on the light, takes off her pants and her pullup, hoists herself up on the seat, gets down, wipes, flushes, closes the lid, and washes and dries her hands - all by herself. She'll tell you where you can stand. Sometimes it's in the hallway, sometimes she'll let you sit on the edge of the tub. But you cannot, under any circumstances, help her. With any of it. Note-- she has not actually gone potty on the toilet at all during this process, but she tries. And she is interested in it, and I think that's a good start. I actually find it extremely hard to believe that she hasn't caught the potty thing (even by accident) any of the times, because she seriously is sitting herself on there with such frequency that you'd think one of the times it'd have to happen. But so far, no. When it does, I will make the biggest deal about it ever, give her a special treat and make her feel so proud that hopefully she'll just "get it." And then JD and I will be rich :)